Thursday, April 26, 2018

#mylittlepony - #Why I love about the fandom and why I'm still here. (Very Long Post)


Why I love about the fandom and why I'm still here. (Very Long Post)

Title is supposed to be What I love about the fandom but I edited it and forgot to fix it.

So this was actually an idea brought on by the guy who asked why we enjoy my little pony. I apologize that I kind of forgot his username. This is going to be a bit lengthy so strap in if you decide to read the entirety of the post.

So I will start with the story of how I became a Brony. So around five years ago, between the time Season 3 was put on Netflix and the start of season 4, I had a met a friend through the internet who was a fan of the show, they'd send me memes and other things from the show and at first I just kind of shrugged it off because I'd no idea what it was from, and didn't really care. However it eventually got to the point where I was being spammed with them and this friend would go on and on about it, and if you've ever been with someone who talks about something that you know nothing about and have no real interest in then you'll know what I mean when I say I got annoyed and had enough. So eventually we came to the agreement that I would watch the first episode and if I didn't like it he'd let up with the pony stuff. Well as we all know Episode 1 is a two part episode, so by then I'd watched two episodes, then as I honestly enjoyed the first technically two episodes I decided to watch one more, but then that one more became another two more, and then three more, and in a matter of a week it was all of what Netflix had available plus the first Equestria girls. I'd realized then I like the show for sure. However then, I started to read fan fictions, one of which being Rainbow Factory, and that fan fiction lead me to the song Rainbow Factory, and then that song lead me to all of the other music that this beautiful fandom produces. I'd like to mention that as a musician the way to get me into something is to give me good music from it or that goes along with it. So from the time I'd found all the amazing writers and the awesome musicians I officially declared myself a Brony. I even announced it on Facebook, which was better than sharing a bunch of MLP stuff out of nowhere and people thinking I got hacked. Which of course I caught a little flack for, but not from anyone that really mattered to me. My parents, family, and my close friends outside of the fandom all supported to me and that's all that I really cared about.

So what has kept me in this fandom for so long? Well to start it is the art(any form of art.) that this fandom puts out. We are all amazing musicians, artists, writers, etc...

From the beginnings of finding the novelesque fan fictions, some of which being cupcakes and Rainbow Factory, but then I found out about Fallout Equestria which I didn't get into until a few months ago. Which just kept drawing me in on my need for some rocking stories to read, and since they involved the characters that I had quickly come to love it made them ten times better and expanded my views on the characters themselves in more ways than one. I of course joined in on the writing, but I won't link those because they tend to fall under the grimdark side of things and this subreddit would not appreciate that in the it isn't safe for work sense.

The other aspect which is bit more meaningful and bit bigger of a deal for me upon being part of this fandom is as a musician of quite some time, finding the hundreds of amazing and upcoming musicians that are part of the fandom was awesome. I started as most people do with The Living Tombstone and Wooden Toaster, but then I moved on to other artists like PrinceWhateverer and MandoPony which more fit the style of music that I jam to. Then that of course inspired me though I never really finished anything to begin writing things based off of the show, in turn giving me a bunch of ideas for music outside of it as well. Which is great because at the time I was in a musical rut and didn't have many creative ideas going for me.

Then of course I found the artists who painted, drew, sculpted, etc... all of the absolutely awesome works of art that this fandom is known for. It inspired me to attempt to learn to draw though just as a hobby not as something I take very seriously. It also got me into wanting to learn animation mostly through Source Film Maker and the works of Argodaemon and his awesome animations. Though again not very good at it but definitely something I dabble in from time to time when boredom strikes. So the visual art is amazing.

This next thing to some is definitely something that could be added into the artist topics but it was definitely something that doesn't get recognized very often, and that is voice acting. I don't just mean from the awesome cast of the show but the plethora of voice actors that have come out of the fandom, Vannamelon, Shadyvox, Eile Monty, and Nowacking all come to mind when I think of them. As becoming a brony was the first time I'd ever wanted to dive into that realm of things. Having worked on a couple projects still in production I've got to realize my enjoyment of voice acting and portraying different characters both OCs and in attempt at show characters alike. A la FimFlamPhilosophy style.

The other aspect of it of course are the amazing analysts that just give me more to enjoy while I watch the show as someone who loves high detail oriented things. From the likes of Silverquil to ilovekimpossiblealot they've all made things that much more enjoyable for me.

So that's it for the artists, voice actors, and analysts. Now I move into some more personal things.

So something I love about this fandom is how close we all really are. Since I've joined of course I've found people who infuriate me, don't like me, etc... but what fandom is perfect? I love how no matter what at the end of the day we can all come together under our love for the show and the things I mentioned previously. That we can come together to do things like taking care of our own, like coming together for Michael Morones after what happened to such a good kid. That is what really made me proud to be a Brony. That no matter what we come together to not just take care of our own but those in need.

My last thing and this is probably the biggest of anything is simply the friends that I've met upon joining the fandom. I've met so many wonderful human beings, more than I could ever count that have just been the absolute best. I've become so close with many of the people I've met it's amazing. All of the friends I've made are all willing to help as I am with them, and are always there when I need to talk about something, which in this world is something that at times seem few and far between. To be a bit honest and a little personal when I was 17 years old I lost my father to a heart attack which is certainly not something I'd ever wish on even my worst enemy. To lose a parent that young is never okay. When I let my friends know that I'd be away from at the time our Skype group and the reason I got so much support and so many of them checked in on me while everything was going on, some even more so than the friends I made in school and other aspects of my life. For that I am so thankful, it made me realize then why I truly love this fandom. It honestly even helped that not long after my dad passed the episode Tanks For The Memories came out which was just something I needed and would show to anyone that was going through the grieving process. Then of course last season we got the Applejack's parents episode that honestly made me cry like a filly. As I'm sure it did a great many of us.

So in closing on this novel I'd just like to say thank you. Thank you for showing me a world that I would have never found on my own. Thank you for bringing me out of the funk I was in before I enjoyed the show. Thank all of you.



Submitted April 26, 2018 at 07:38PM by YogiTheBroPony
via reddit https://www.reddit.com/r/mylittlepony/comments/8f7zqv/why_i_love_about_the_fandom_and_why_im_still_here/?utm_source=ifttt

No comments :

Post a Comment