Monday, April 30, 2018

#horses - #Would it be weird for a 20 year old male to start riding lessons?


Would it be weird for a 20 year old male to start riding lessons?

Hi,

So ever since I was 6 or 7 a family friend took me to some stables (can't remember why) but ever since then I've wanted to learn to ride, eventually leading to big jumps (hopefully), I'm not afraid of learning because of fear, I'm actually quite a thrillseeker, it's just got such a gender stereotype which put me off.

Fast forward 13ish years and the craving is still there, again Idk if it would be weird a guy taking lessons surrounded by girls.

I'm a straight male, it really shouldn't matter since sexual preference shouldn't affect your hobbies but there's such a stigma attached to it, kinda sad really.

Just think it'd be a waste going through life not doing something you obviously really wanna do simply because of gender.

I'm in the UK if it helps.

Cheers



Submitted April 30, 2018 at 02:42PM by whatdoiknow20
via reddit https://www.reddit.com/r/Horses/comments/8g2qiu/would_it_be_weird_for_a_20_year_old_male_to_start/?utm_source=ifttt

No comments :

Post a Comment