Monday, April 23, 2018

#horses - #Questions about Horse Behavior


Questions about Horse Behavior

I don't own any horses myself, but my next door neighbor has 3 horses. I occasionally go up to them, but I don't pet them since they hardly know me and I know that that's an accident waiting to happen.

I've noticed that one day they'll seem friendly (about as friendly as they can be towards someone they barely know). They'll immediately go up to me and follow me if I move away. However, on other days, they seem nervous or even annoyed when I come up to them.

Today when I went up to them, only one of the horses came up to me after a minute of hesitation while one of the others looked annoyed and loudly snorted a couple of times. The one that came up to me seem really hesitant, yet he ate some grass that I held out to him. None of them followed me.

I'm really confused about this difference in behavior, is it me or is it a normal thing? I only feed them grass from my property since they aren't my horses, so I don't want to end up killing them by feeding them something wrong and the neighbor is okay with me going up to them as well.



Submitted April 23, 2018 at 04:31PM by jkj543
via reddit https://www.reddit.com/r/Horses/comments/8efks7/questions_about_horse_behavior/?utm_source=ifttt

No comments :

Post a Comment