Tuesday, April 3, 2018

#horses - #Anyone familiar with a race horse named Nimr?


Anyone familiar with a race horse named Nimr?

About a year ago, I assisted on the molds to make a life-sized skeletal replica of a race horse named Nimr. I believe it was for a Saudi museum, but perhaps it was another middle eastern country (Qatar?) All I know about this horse that he was a beautiful, idyllic Arabian. We got his bones 3D scanned, then 3D printed, and were using those to make a mold to replica.

I know it's not a lot to go off of, but does anyone know about this horse? I can't imagine there a lot that would warrant this attention. It seems that there have been more than one race horse named Nimr and one seems to be currently active. I'm wondering if there is a longer name to the particular horse I'm looking for or maybe who the owner was. Ultimately I'm hoping to find some photos of the skeletal replica in its final display.



Submitted April 03, 2018 at 02:22PM by colorrot
via reddit https://www.reddit.com/r/Horses/comments/89i52l/anyone_familiar_with_a_race_horse_named_nimr/?utm_source=ifttt

No comments :

Post a Comment