Friday, March 23, 2018

#horses - #Had my saddle fitted by a professional 😭


Had my saddle fitted by a professional 😭

I've only been riding a year, so I bought a second hand saddle from a saddlery store which seemed to fit my horse ok to start out. My trainer had a look and thought it was fine for light riding too. I've been riding my horse with it for about 6 months, and recently his behaviour as taken a turn for the worse. He's always been a bit spooky but last week he actually managed to buck me off (totally out of character). The chiro confirmed he had injured his back and had likely bucked because he was in pain. He recommended light riding to let him stretch out his back.

Today I was practicing at a friends and she had a professional saddle fitter looking at her horse. I asked if she could fit my boy in and she agreed. Turns out my saddle (which wasn't particularly cheap) was totally f'd and was hurting him every time I rode him!!

Now I feel so guilty 😣. The poor guy was in pain this whole time and it was my fault. I wish I'd just spent the money on a new, properly fitted saddle to begin with. Then I wouldn't have waisted all that money and hurt my horse!



Submitted March 23, 2018 at 03:23AM by adelinesalkeld
via reddit https://www.reddit.com/r/Horses/comments/86jbof/had_my_saddle_fitted_by_a_professional/?utm_source=ifttt

No comments :

Post a Comment