Sunday, February 11, 2018

#horses - #What is your favorite type of horse and why?


What is your favorite type of horse and why?

By type I mean, cob, heavy warmblood, gaited etc. but also say a specific breed if that's what you want.

By far my favorite types of horses are Baroque horses, they have the best of all worlds IMO. They're muscular, strong and good work horses without being slow or lacking "fire", they have great stamina and are extremely athletic, but they don't have the emotional issues of Arabians and Thoroughbreds, I find that they are much harder to spook and this might come from their lineage as war horses, they have great temperaments and are definitely people horses and they're so beautiful. The wealth of my experience is wth Friesians because my horses are Friesians, but I have also worked quite a bit with Kladrubers and Andalusians and I find that these traits apply to them equally. Another great thing about them is that they are great for crossing if you want to bring out a trait more strongly, there is a newer breed called Spanish-Norman horses that come from the crossing of Percherons and Andalusians, and what you get a beautiful horse that is strong as an ox and a great worker, but also great for pleasure riding. They also make some of the greatest mules that I've ever seen



Submitted February 11, 2018 at 09:58AM by Erich1993
via reddit https://www.reddit.com/r/Horses/comments/7wtwf5/what_is_your_favorite_type_of_horse_and_why/?utm_source=ifttt

No comments :

Post a Comment