Monday, February 12, 2018

#horses - #What are some exercises you do to stay/get in shape for riding when you can't actually ride?


What are some exercises you do to stay/get in shape for riding when you can't actually ride?

I'll be taking a riding vacation the first week of June and I'm super excited for it! It's 5 days of riding with approximately 6-7 hours per day in the saddle. When I was in my teens and 20's I rode nearly every day, sometimes multiple times a day and I never thought much about my fitness. But here I am, approaching 40, I haven't been on a horse in 10 years and I'm worried about keeping up physically. All I currently do for activity is lots of walking and some yoga once or twice a week. Are there any specific exercises or muscles you work on to help with riding? I'm looking to put in some work to get in shape so I'm not dying halfway through the first day!



Submitted February 12, 2018 at 02:26PM by t-rex-inreallife
via reddit https://www.reddit.com/r/Horses/comments/7x465k/what_are_some_exercises_you_do_to_stayget_in/?utm_source=ifttt

No comments :

Post a Comment