Friday, February 9, 2018

#horses - #Heaves and Allergies


Heaves and Allergies

Would you be able to recognize a horse that has "heaves" (old term I know!) if you heard one coughing again? Are there many different types of horse coughs? I know this sounds stupid but bear with me please. I have owned horses on and off all of my life. Now I am an old Grandma at a pasture boarding facility. I do not fit in because of my age although I have tried... A horse that has been in facility about a month was coughing in arena first time according to rider. I heard him coughing and went into action mode. I started thinking "heaves" from back in the day due to the sound, the fact we were in ring...no one took heed of me. I said to put the horse on pasture they put him back in field with round hay roll. The next day he was a coughing mess.. anyways nobody listened to me and I am leaving the stables. I don't know what is going on currently although the vet took allergy tests... no flu. I am really frustrated because I feel like I know what I know but not one would listen. Could I be totally off?



Submitted February 09, 2018 at 09:49PM by Gidgittracyfl1
via reddit https://www.reddit.com/r/Horses/comments/7wjeq8/heaves_and_allergies/?utm_source=ifttt

No comments :

Post a Comment