Sunday, February 25, 2018

#horses - #Could you help me find a black hunter bridle that ships to Canada?


Could you help me find a black hunter bridle that ships to Canada?

Xposted from r/equestrian

I have a 2 part favor to ask my dearly admirable fellow equestrians from around the world...

  1. How do I find out the measurements of a Stubben XFULL bridle? (Stubben like the saddle, they also make beautiful high quality bridles) And...

  2. Can you help me find a black hunter bridle in that exact size - that is also able to be shipped to canada??

I ride a clydesdale and it's been my dream to have him in a beautiful black leather hunter bridle with the traditional thick "flat" noseband, like you see in this picture I stole from Google images:

http://www.rideyourbest.com/pictures/Jaguar_Hunter_bridle.jpg

As you can see, the caveson - or noseband-part, is just a single strip of leather. The only style of bridle I can find in tack shops are fancy stitched, raised, or the padded dressage types. I'm mind boggled that I can't find a bridle of the traditional hunt-type to purchase online. I know they're out there somewhere! Perhaps you could help?

The thing is, I just bought a new black saddle last year. So it has to be a black bridle (or as a very last undesirable resort, able to be dyed black). The next kicker is it has to be XFULL or draft! ...and I'd like it to be 200 or under, considering shipping on its own is going to suck ($$$)

This all started when I pulled a stupid rookie move and let go of my horses reins for 5 seconds after a long hot trail ride. My horse went down to graze, stepped on my beautiful Stubben bridle rein, and snapped the bridle, breaking it beyond reasonable repair. So I lost a beautiful +$400 CAD bridle and my horse probably got a sore mouth because I was an idiot and turned my back for a very brief moment. Still kills me.

Now I'm looking for this bridle to cheer myself up. I have no idea how to find the sizing chart of the Stubben bridles. I know sizes can be standard, but I already tried buying an XFULL in another line of bridle and it was too small for my boy's large yet narrow head. So I'd like to know exactly how to measure the Stubben...because I keep forgetting to measure my horses head, and when my bridle broke I gave it to someone to see about fixing. ( I'll measure it next time I see him, it's just been extremely cold lately and when I'm done chores and fiddling with blankets on everyone's horses I'm ready to go warm up!) I also hope I can buy this thing while I still feel the impulse to do so ;)

I have seen bridles that I like on eBay, but it seems really sketchy to me. Why don't they let you select a size when the item's size options are listed in the description?

Anyway, thank you kindly in advance my equestrian peers. I know you are all good shoppers as it comes with the sport! Specific links much appreciated.



Submitted February 25, 2018 at 07:06PM by Clydesdale-draft
via reddit https://www.reddit.com/r/Horses/comments/809gch/could_you_help_me_find_a_black_hunter_bridle_that/?utm_source=ifttt

No comments :

Post a Comment