Friday, January 12, 2018

#horses - #Please help me with a neighbors neglected horse. Not sure if I can do anything?


Please help me with a neighbors neglected horse. Not sure if I can do anything?

Hi,

So I've run into a problem in the last few weeks and it is really hard on me. I'm not sure who to ask for help but my mom had no suggestions so I figured I'd ask Reddit. This has really been eating at me and makes me cry every time I think about it.

My best friend moved in to a house with roommates in a country area where everyone has horses. One of his roommates has a horse. The horses cage is small, one of the square shaped normal horse cages (?). He never gets let out to walk or run or anything at all. If she is home she is inside and never goes out except to feed the horse. His other roommate said the horse has not left the cage in the four years he has lived there. He has a disease possibly from not moving.

I can tell the horse wants to be sweet but he is a little scared of people. He has a sad look in his eyes and I can't just let him rot to death in there. My friend told me not to say anything to his roommate about the horse and not to ask if I can ride or walk him. He said if I found somewhere to take him just to let him out and say he escaped. My friend is on the horses side but the horses owner is sensitive about the subject (well maybe because you're guilty of how you treat your horse?!). He wants to avoid conflict.

Is there a horse rescue or something I can call or am I being dramatic because the horse is fed and has a little roof to sit under? Horses are meant to run and be free I thought?? I need advice Please!!!!



Submitted January 12, 2018 at 05:16PM by askmeifilikeanal
via reddit https://www.reddit.com/r/Horses/comments/7q0z9a/please_help_me_with_a_neighbors_neglected_horse/?utm_source=ifttt

No comments :

Post a Comment