Thursday, January 18, 2018

#horses - #I'm not sure if this is normal or if anyone has experienced this with their horse


I'm not sure if this is normal or if anyone has experienced this with their horse

My horse has always wanted and been more than welcome for a full stretch of his hind leg. He will let you hold it very high, not out but high and I support his leg and try to stretch it the best I can. Just lately he literally kicks out his leg to be stretched. I'm slightly nervous I'll go too far but I am very gentle and slow and support his whole hind leg. Afterwards he seems comfortable and just fine. I think it's in his stifle but I'm not 100% sure. We have been jumping higher, 1m30, I just am not sure what is up with his hind. The vets don't know because he is totally sound.

Has anyone had a horse that did this? I've been riding for 30 years and never had a horse do this. I'm unsure as to what to do...



Submitted January 18, 2018 at 11:08AM by phayzzer
via reddit https://www.reddit.com/r/Horses/comments/7rbme6/im_not_sure_if_this_is_normal_or_if_anyone_has/?utm_source=ifttt

No comments :

Post a Comment