Wednesday, January 31, 2018

#horses - #Help needed: Rescued 2 horses and 2 mules


Help needed: Rescued 2 horses and 2 mules

Last summer I rescued 2 horses and 2 mules from a kill shelter after a local man had them taken away for not feeding them. I was excited to have them and happy to be in a position to be able to help. Since then everything has been great. My wife and I have never been owners of large animals like these and have learned as much as we can. We successfully fed them and nurtured them back to good health. We have lots of pasture acres for them to roam on. But we have encountered our first problem. All 4 of the animals have warmed up to us and come during feeding time and allow a little petting. But due to their history, they are very skiddish and will not allow any type of prolonged touching or close presence. One thing I never thought about was hoof trimming. I recently noticed the hooves looked funny so i did research and now know they need trimming. So my problem is that they barely allow a slight pet, how in the world am i suppose to trim their hooves?



Submitted January 31, 2018 at 04:52PM by Wormwood03
via reddit https://www.reddit.com/r/Horses/comments/7uegyr/help_needed_rescued_2_horses_and_2_mules/?utm_source=ifttt

No comments :

Post a Comment