Saturday, December 2, 2017

#horses - #Behavior issues


Behavior issues

I lease a school horse, which means that I get to ride her 3 times a week, and at other times she is used for other riders. Mostly are novices. She came to the stables 3 years ago at the age of 5 and was already very well trained and our relationship began by then. Lately she's been bucking when I try to push her to keep on loping when she slows down, and to pin her ears at me when I want to clean her hooves. The stable manager, who's my guru for horsemanship, claims that I have to overcome my fear and keep on riding her through her bucking. Then I'll gain her respect and all other behavior issues will be solved. Can anyone comment on that?



Submitted December 02, 2017 at 09:44AM by catonroof
via reddit https://www.reddit.com/r/Horses/comments/7h3n6s/behavior_issues/?utm_source=ifttt

No comments :

Post a Comment