Tuesday, December 5, 2017

#horses - #Any horse person/people willing to answer a couple questions for me?


Any horse person/people willing to answer a couple questions for me?

So I live on about five acres and the previous owner was a horse guy. There are large fenced areas and a great barn. I myself raise goats and don't have any experience with horses. Recently a friend asked if we would be willing to board their horse here. They'd pay for feed and pay me a small amount for letting it stay here. So my question is, before I say yes to this friend, what do I need to know about horse care? I'm pretty familiar with goats but we're talking Nigerian dwarfs. Does the horse need to have a stall in the barn? Do I need to pick up it's droppings every day (I rake out my goats pens once a week and their stalls every other day)? How much hay do I need to keep on hand? Do I brush it? Do I lock it up at night? Help! I'm in completely unfamiliar territory here. Any and all insights are greatly appreciated!

PS this is far from all the questions I have but it's all I can think of atm. I'm sure there are things I'm not even considering yet.



Submitted December 05, 2017 at 05:56PM by notwhatyouthinkat32
via reddit https://www.reddit.com/r/Horses/comments/7huds9/any_horse_personpeople_willing_to_answer_a_couple/?utm_source=ifttt

No comments :

Post a Comment