Tuesday, November 28, 2017

#horses - #Foxtail


Foxtail

First thing - I have called the vet and set up an appointment to discuss this issue in person and with appropriate treatment.

Has anyone dealt with mouth sores due to foxtail? Would you mind sharing your experience?

Kinda a long story but I lease out my horse as a lesson horse and when I visited today she had large sores.

The barn owner said it was from eating too much hay in the winter but after reading up on issues and discussing it with my vet for them to come out I'm pretty positive it's from foxtail - which I did find in the hay bales in the pasture.

Anyway, what was recovery like for you if you've dealt with it? A google search talks about people removing the foxtail and then cleaning out with salt water. I will be talking about specific treatment with my vet but I was just curious how and what y'all did if you've had this experience.

Thanks!



Submitted November 28, 2017 at 07:23PM by asyouwissssh
via reddit https://www.reddit.com/r/Horses/comments/7g9qly/foxtail/?utm_source=ifttt

No comments :

Post a Comment