Monday, October 30, 2017

#horses - #Rant / Vent horse health....


Rant / Vent horse health....

So my mare collapsed 3 weeks ago.

It was a normal morning feeding. I stoped to talk to the neighbor for a 5 min or so; so the horses were hot when I went to feed them. She was dancing around but nothing outrageous.

As I went though the gate she collapsed. Hind first, with a zombie look to her eyes. She bounced up and bucked and ran around the arena... So I'm like that's odd but she seems fine now.

I feed all the horses and then she went into full grand maul seizures. But the odd thing is she kept eating and was vertical for the whole thing. I walked up slowly to her talking to her all the time. She seemed oblivious to my presence but kept up the seizure like spasms. I was freaky odd.

8 day's now and the vet hasn't returned any results from blood work. She hasn't had another issue but that doesn't make me feel any better. The vet said it would be 10 / 12 day for results' but I'm still very unset about the whole thing.

Oddly it's probably harder on me than her. I lost my last TB 3 years ago, I don't know if I can handle loosing another so soon.



Submitted October 30, 2017 at 02:28AM by jjennings089
via reddit https://www.reddit.com/r/Horses/comments/79mfg3/rant_vent_horse_health/?utm_source=ifttt

No comments :

Post a Comment