Saturday, September 16, 2017

#horses - #Neighbor's Horses?


Neighbor's Horses?

I hope this is appropriate.

I'm not a horse person. I do not nor have I ever had a horse or lived in a rural, horsey area. But I've just moved to a slightly rural suburb and my neighbor has horses. But, as a complete layman observer, I'm a little worried about them.

There are three, though one I've only just seen this morning the first time. One I see in the afternoons in a small yard area (30x30 ft?) that is just dirt, no grass or underbrush. I don't know where he goes when he's not there.

The last is always in this slightly ramshackle barn that's open towards the road. He's always standing in the same corner, never moving around. He's there 24/7. His legs look a little wonky. His back ankles are always together and he seems to lean a little bit. I don't see any food or water in the barn but there's a lot of crevasses I can't see from the road.

There's a fair amount of poop around the yard and in parts of the barn but I don't know what's an acceptable level and what's neglectful. The horses are always blanketed so I can't tell if they look well fed. I never see any hay or people.

They might be totally fine but as a non-horse person I'm concerned; but don't want to pull out the big guns if all this seems normal. Should I be worried? Thanks!



Submitted September 16, 2017 at 09:16PM by lilsmudge
via reddit https://www.reddit.com/r/Horses/comments/70l9f3/neighbors_horses/?utm_source=ifttt

No comments :

Post a Comment