Tuesday, September 26, 2017

#horses - #Advice on pricing & purchase of a horse wanted! Am I being played with?


Advice on pricing & purchase of a horse wanted! Am I being played with?

Hey everyone! So I'm in an unusual situation where I am in the position to own this one particular horse - my heart horse. I've already calculated and spoken to a financial adviser and am 100% sure I can afford her. However, I feel as though her owner is playing games with me .

Originally she was supposed to be given to me for free. Then I was expected to purchase her. Cool, no big deal - I can manage that.

But now, I was just given an offer of approx. $2000 a year for 4 years. It'll be almost $9000 total on top of me paying 100% of her upkeep each month. And for months I was expected to own this horse fully. I turned his offer down.

I feel like I'm being jerked around here.

And frankly, as much as I adore this horse, she's not worth nearly $9000, right? She's 6 years old and still green, I don't think she's registered, she's never been shown, her confo is not amazing, her OTTB dam barely won anything and I have no idea who her sire is. She's basically the crossbreed result of backyard breeding. She's been for "sale" for a long time now and no person has made a move yet. I see her every single week so I'm hoping her owner will offer a better price. Or am I being irrational? And that's hardly a realistic price for her, right? She can't be worth more than $2000ish?

Since she's the most special horse I've ever known and also for other (complicated) reasons I won't go into, I'm not interested in any other horse.

I truly appreciate any advice if you have some. I know I don't have a real specific question but any wisdom would be amazing. I have been a nervous mess over this. She would be my first horse and an absolutely amazing one at that. (Btw, I've been around horses my whole life if that's relevant.)



Submitted September 26, 2017 at 04:56PM by attracted_to_rocks
via reddit https://www.reddit.com/r/Horses/comments/72o5ys/advice_on_pricing_purchase_of_a_horse_wanted_am_i/?utm_source=ifttt

No comments :

Post a Comment