Monday, August 21, 2017

#horses - #Stall Flooring Questions


Stall Flooring Questions

Hi everyone! I'm looking for some opinions on stall flooring. TLDR at bottom of post.

Some background info: I live in Mid-Michigan, so my horses will be stalled at night during fall/winter and during severe summer storms. My house had an existing pole barn when we bought it, which has concrete floors throughout. I plan on adding stalls sometime next year.

I'm wondering if the current flooring with stall mats and deep sawdust bedding would be sufficient, or should I remove the concrete where the stalls will be? I have talked to friends that have concrete floors for their horses, and some love/hate them, so I would appreciate more opinions on the matter.

Thanks for reading! 😊

TLDR: Current barn has concrete floors. Do I leave floors and use stall mats and deep bedding, or remove concrete where stalls will be?



Submitted August 21, 2017 at 07:44PM by bodhisattva11
via reddit http://ift.tt/2wsPNVD

No comments :

Post a Comment