Wednesday, July 19, 2017

#horses - #A question from someone who's not an expert


A question from someone who's not an expert

As the title says, I'm not an expert. I know next to nothing about horses. I thought this would probably be the best place to ask, though.

So, I used to think that a horse (or maybe just a warhorse) could and would trample/run over a man if prompted, and this idea was backed up by several books I've read.

Then, recently, I was watching one of John Wayne's movies (maybe "El Dorado"?). In the movie there was a particular gun fight where one of the good guys was in danger and to save himself and get one of the remaining bad guys, he jumped in front of the bad guy's horse and blasted him with his shotgun. When the other people asked him if he was crazy, he informed them that a horse will never trample a person.

So, what do I believe?



Submitted July 19, 2017 at 01:25AM by HerrPinochet
via reddit http://ift.tt/2vAWCjb

No comments :

Post a Comment