Monday, July 31, 2017

#horses - #Bouncing and jiggling as a plus size rider, inevitable?


Bouncing and jiggling as a plus size rider, inevitable?

So I have been riding for 25 years and I was, at one point, a very experienced and competent ride who could ride almost any horse. About 5 years ago I moved across country and have not been able to ride as much and I feel I've lost a considerable amount of my skills (which is really depressing actually). Also I was not thin before, but I've gained about 50lbs in those 5 years. I'm still an intermediate/experienced rider just by some muscle memory and knowing what to do to fix issues, but a lot of my nuanced automatic abilities are gone.

That being said, I can still ride pretty well, but I look and feel like I'm jiggling and bouncing everywhere, even when I'm in sync with my horse and moving with him. My shoulders bounce along with my boobs and it looks like a giant jello jiggler, even though my butt never leaves the saddle.

I do ride western in a treeless saddle on a horse with big, english movement (he isn't a smooth western pleasure horse even when jogging).

Is this upper body bouncing and jiggling inevitable until I lose weight, or are there plus size riders who don't bounce and jiggle (thus meaning I've lost more riding ability than I'd thought)?



Submitted July 31, 2017 at 09:43PM by VintageFloral
via reddit http://ift.tt/2vcxzqi

No comments :

Post a Comment