Tuesday, June 6, 2017

#horses - #Shampoo recommendations for a blue roan?


Shampoo recommendations for a blue roan?

I have a blue roan 3 year old mare who is outside all the time with a run-in. She's always had a little bit of brown in her color, but this year it seems worse than normal. Her diet is good, she's getting plenty of food, water, and nutrients. Her coat condition is great. She's a pretty easy keeper. We're in a new area and there's a lot more sun and heat than we're used to (Midwest US), so I believe it's sun fading.

I know they make shampoos to help black horses enhance their coat color, but would that work on a blue roan? Do they make anything specifically for roans? From a quick google search I can see Hi-Ho Silver, but most of the results seem to be people asking this same question and not getting many answers.

If anyone has any shampoos they recommend, I'd be glad to hear it! I'm currently using Orvus shampoo and sometimes show-sheen. Almost every day she gets fly spray that has some sunscreen in it as well.

tl;dr My roany pony is sun faded. Please send help.



Submitted June 06, 2017 at 10:35AM by squidnextdoor
via reddit http://ift.tt/2sdoL1M

No comments :

Post a Comment