Friday, June 16, 2017

#horses - #Saddle Suggestions?


Saddle Suggestions?

So I have had my boy for coming up on 6 months and we've had some trouble bonding. What has worked really well for us is riding out in the fields and outside of arenas to build some trust and it has been going really well. I had been previously considering using him for endurance riding and after riding out more frequently it definitely seems like a great possibility for us to focus on. I am moving him from the desert to a highly wooded area soon so a change of environment along with the trail potential has me seriously considering a different saddle.

Currently I have two saddles: a Pessoa English close contact with an adjustable tree and a Circle Y All purpose western saddle. Now that we've been building muscle, my western saddle just doesn't fit him very well and is snug in the shoulders. I've been riding in my friend's Synergist for a while now, but with the move coming up I want to make sure I can effectively ride my horse without it. As much as I like her synergist, I'm pretty far away from custom making a saddle for $3,000 and just want something that will offer more security than my English saddle with the possibly potential of endurance riding in the future.

That's a long story for what I'm guessing might be a pretty straight forward question: do you have any suggestions for a saddle that offers more security than a regular English saddle and works great on trails? I'm open to just looking back into a new western saddle with a wider set up, but if there's something else out there I'm always happy to look into something new!



Submitted June 16, 2017 at 04:04PM by surefoot_
via reddit http://ift.tt/2sCcG6X

No comments :

Post a Comment