Thursday, June 15, 2017

#horses - #Please help: What does this scary Horse sound mean?


Please help: What does this scary Horse sound mean?

Last night I was woken up at 3am by the dog barking. This alerts me to listen out first, then go investigate if he keeps going. Laying in bed I could hear this loud noise, I could only think of 2 possibilities of what it could be, someone drilling in bursts into the house or someone dragging a really heavy bag across the concrete. So I got up and looked outside where it was quickly obvious that the noise was coming from the paddock next door with 2 horses. I shone the light on them and it was just the one horse making the noise. Here is the clip I took, no video just sound (sorry for quality) https://youtu.be/DH7LRCx9l-Y

The horse was about a semi-trailer length away. To me it sounded really scary since it was quite loud and unnatural to be coming from one since I've never heard them do it before. Plus it was making the dog go off for a while until he got used to it.

It started off really frequent, 3-4 times a minute, then once every 3 Mins, then kept dying off until he did it once or twice in 30. Then was silent for the night.

This is in the suburbs of Wollongong, Australia so no wild dogs or anything like that about.



Submitted June 15, 2017 at 11:43AM by Jayo-89
via reddit http://ift.tt/2rAHi3F

No comments :

Post a Comment