Tuesday, June 27, 2017

#horses - #New project horse!


New project horse!

Last year I got back in the saddle after a 4/5 year hiatus with a lease mare that had been a pasture pet for a few years. There was some anger and frustration but we really came together. Problem is Tia isn't thrilled with dressage, or really any work. She would rather be a pasture pet. Meanwhile I'm not about to make the Olympics but I'd like to inch up to first and second level dressage.

Tia was lame at my most recent lesson. My trainer had the real talk with me: how attached are you to this mare? We've maxed her talent, happiness, and her soundness under saddle is iffy. The owner is happy with her being a pasture pet and can't afford the supplements, chiro, etc that could help her succeed and as much as I like Tia I don't want to pay for that stuff on my own. So my trainer offered to let me work for part lease of one of her underworked warmbloods. Beautiful 17.1 sweetheart, Flick. At 9 years old she's been started very properly but never ridden consistently. Hoping this may lead to more opportunities in the future.

My new friend http://ift.tt/2tgKE0e



Submitted June 27, 2017 at 11:11AM by jujubeee
via reddit http://ift.tt/2ueIuLX

No comments :

Post a Comment