Sunday, June 18, 2017

#horses - #Experiences with colon displacement?


Experiences with colon displacement?

Hey everyone, it's 2 am where I am right now. My horse began colicking at 8 am this morning and by 1pm I had him at UC Davis. After a rectal exam and an ultrasound it was determined that his colon was displaced. They began him on fluids and put him in the ICU.

He was getting better for a few hours but just now they called saying that the safest option right now is surgery since no amount of sedation is making him comfortable.

I believe it is a left dorsal displacement, it's not twisted or anything but still very much not a good thing. I've had my other horse colic a few times before, never this severe though and I am obviously freaking out pretty badly.

I just wanted to know if anyone on this sub has gone through this or known anyone that's gone through this and can gave me advice on what to expect...



Submitted June 18, 2017 at 03:03AM by dunmorestriden
via reddit http://ift.tt/2tgb5Rw

No comments :

Post a Comment