Monday, June 19, 2017

#horses - #Best way to move from little grass to lots of grass


Best way to move from little grass to lots of grass

What is the best method for moving a horse from a field with limited grazing to an all you can eat buffet type field?

I've had horses many years now and I've always kept them pastured with a run-in shelter. So they're outside or inside as they please. The grass in their current fields is a bit on the overgrazed side, only being a couple inches. Soon I'll be moving my mare from this location to the house I recently purchased. Which is about 8-9 acres of knee-high grass.

Someone was suppose to cut it for hay almost a month ago but never happened. I'm considering taking a day or two to use my little bushhog to at least try to shorten it a bit. I know that turning her out on it when she's not use to so much grass has the potential for colic, founder, ect. What's the best way to go about getting her use to her new home? I do have a barn that I will be able to close her in when needed.



Submitted June 19, 2017 at 04:39PM by Southern_Biscuit
via reddit http://ift.tt/2sMnkIA

No comments :

Post a Comment