Thursday, May 4, 2017

#mylittlepony - #Dear diary, today My Little Pony helped me again, this time on workplace.


Dear diary, today My Little Pony helped me again, this time on workplace.

So, as i'm working as a sole stablehand in rehabilitation centre for disabled children, located in ex-soviet country, i must participate in hippotherapy sessions as well.

 

It means, that i'm walking with lead rope alongside our therapeutic mare, controling her pace while rehabilitologist focused on the child currently on her back.

So, today was one of the numerous sessions as well. Rehabilitologist was putting kid on the horse, i was looking around, bored mare was grooming back of my head, usual routine. I looked back on the kid and understood that we are in trouble.

 

Poor girl, maybe 7 or 8, was in the state of very poorly controlled panic. I'm not sure, if she was afraid of horse, of height, or of riding itself. She was just whispering "I'm afraid!", or some random phrases to cheer herself up, like "We have a dog, she is nice, weather is good" etc. I just focused my attention on the horse. It's hard to witness such things. Suddenly, she clearly said "My mom bought me a pony princess!"

"Which one? There are four of them" - i said unconsciously, without thinking. Oh, my! This is bad.

But she stopped sobbing and unexpectedly cheered up.

"Four?" she asked

"Yes. Celestia, Luna, Cadance and Twilight." one should reap what they sow.

"Twilight's a princess?!"

Oh, crap. Spoilers.

"Yes, she'll eventually become one."

"Cool! I really like her!"

Next ten minutes of the session she was chatting about ponies non stop. Fear was forgotten. Crisis averted. She was leaving with her mom much happier and calmer than before.

edit: i hate reddit formatting



Submitted May 04, 2017 at 12:44PM by Idealistic_romulan
via reddit http://ift.tt/2paO4Ms

No comments :

Post a Comment