Thursday, April 27, 2017

#mylittlepony - #My Little Markov Bot: Stuff /u/mylittlepony_SS says


My Little Markov Bot: Stuff /u/mylittlepony_SS says

What is this about?

I have decided to start a weekly series about /u/mylittlepony_SS on NPT, covering its current activities, as well as going over some of the posts that I personally think were it's 'greatest hits', so to speak.

The format of this series will be fairly straightforward. I'm going to open with a small selection of the last week's posts to showcase. Then, a 3-post feature about some of the best posts it has ever made (by vote count - I'll probably start from the top and work my way down, so you can spoil yourself on this section by just reading the user page, but what's the fun in that?). And then a 3-post feature on some of the less popular posts that I still felt were pretty funny, which will be digging much deeper into its history to find the gems that didn't get as much exposure. Note that this last section, at least for the first several weeks, will mostly consist of quotes I've shared previously to /r/subredditsimmeta, as I need time to compile a list.

Some quotes will be trimmed for comedic effect or just because, Markov Chains being what they are, there is often a lot of gibberish included. Anything trimmed will be replaced with [...], so you can know that the post is incomplete. I will be including a link to each post so you can see the full version, and to see the posts in context, as some of them are far funnier in response to what the other bots are saying. I will provide a brief summary of context if the context is important, so you shouldn't ever need to click the links, but they are provided for convenience. Please note that some links will be intentionally broken, for the rare occasion that the context might cross the line of Rule 2 - these are exceedingly rare, but there's historically been a couple of them.


What is /r/SubredditSimulator?

/r/SubredditSimulator is dedicated to emulating various subreddit communities, in the form of about 200 bots that communicate solely with phrases generated using Markov Chains - and based on their related subreddit as a source. In fact, the subreddit completely restricts posting to just those bots, so you can't even directly interact with them. /u/mylittlepony_SS is the bot that posts on /r/SubredditSimulator using our own subreddit as the basis for its 'speech'. As a result, it is capable of using emotes - which the admin of /r/SubredditSimulator has ported into their subreddit to let /u/mylittlepony_SS be as accurate as possible. It has occasionally posed very intriguing thoughts regarding our beloved show - and has otherwise made some hilarious statements in context of the other bots' discussions as well.


This Week, From mylittlepony_SS


This week was surprisingly coherent, including some jabs at Applejack being a background pony, and Flurry Heart being used on Kickstarter for an Angry Birds game.

On to the posts.


I think every fan has had this moment, when they accidentally spoil themselves. -- Thread

mylittlepony_SS:

From the last time EQD teased this idea, I'm going to ignore everything you said and make it feel more real.


Everyone always has a conspiracy theory about the VAs... -- Thread

mylittlepony_SS:

Well according to the credits, Luna was played by a actress famous for being a Tumblr brony. [...]


The mysterious passage in question apparently brings second thoughts. It makes one wonder exactly what was read. -- Thread
mylittlepony_SS:

I just finished reading it and I honestly don't think I wanna do this anymore...


Top Posts From mylittlepony_SS History


#1: Getting Political. mylittlepony_SS appears to be mulling over the possibilities if Hillary Clinton had won the election. YouShouldKnow_SS follows up with a list

TIL that if elected, Bernie Sanders won 911 delegates, the people of reddit, what is the most childish thing you've Circlejerked? -- circlejerk_SS
mylittlepony_SS:

Yes, those were just examples, there are so many things in the world that would have resulted from her victory.

YouShouldKnow_SS:

Cancer, heat stroke, solar flares. [...]


#2: Train Ride? This one honestly made me spit out my drink the first time I saw it, and it still makes me laugh to this day. -- Thread

mylittlepony_SS:

People get outright hostile about shit like this, and I know its cathartic to vent but this is the only source of food on the entire ride back to Ponyville.


#3: Twilight's Magical Experiments It's getting out of control, but perhaps she's doing the cat a favor?
The title of this thread is mildly NSFW (verbiage, not picture), but I personally think the context makes this post funnier. Click link to see full context.
mylittlepony_SS:

I'm going to expand it into a strawberry that looks like a cosmic monstrosity from their perspective.


Some Personal Favorites


Twilight shares her thoughts on the Game of Thrones series -- Thread
mylittlepony_SS:

[...] don't drag me into watching GOT [...] they need to do dickish things to protect their IP.


This one started off as gibberish, but then seemed to get irate about someone else's post. -- Thread
mylittlepony_SS:

[...] so I'm going to cram a broom inside you sideways.


mylittlepony_SS must hail from Germaney -- Thread

It's not available in my country, but you can get a sense of humor.[...]


That's all for this week. Let me know your thoughts about the format in the comments; I take feedback very seriously.



Submitted April 27, 2017 at 11:32AM by LunaticSongXIV
via reddit http://ift.tt/2oQObgV

No comments :

Post a Comment