Friday, April 21, 2017

#horses - #I has a Sydney saddleworks Aussie style saddle that I'm trying to make work on an apaloosa and I'm having a bit of a fit issue.


I has a Sydney saddleworks Aussie style saddle that I'm trying to make work on an apaloosa and I'm having a bit of a fit issue.

I talked to a horse trainer in Las Cruces and she said the withers were too high for the saddle I have.

It wasn't tailored for the horse, it's a second hand saddle my uncle gave me to start out with. The last horse it was used on was a strawberry roan that had higher withers than said appie. The horse showed no signs of being uncomfortable with the saddle.

I was using a normal Western style saddle blanket when we mounted the saddle on the appie. If we used a pad with an indent would this resolve the issue, or do I need to just give up on hopes that this thing will work?

I really want to use it, and this appie isn't getting any saddle time. It's getting pushed to the wayside by a paint and a dark bay.

This horse has a heart like a puppy and was well trained for trail riding and the like. It breaks my heart to see him sitting in a round pen all day while the other two get to travel and go to cowboy mounted shooting events.

Any help would be appreciated. Thank you.



Submitted April 21, 2017 at 07:40PM by StandingByToStandBy
via reddit http://ift.tt/2oyN18C

No comments :

Post a Comment