Tuesday, April 25, 2017

#horses - #Buying my "first" horse!


Buying my "first" horse!

It's not really my first horse. I had horses as a teen. But this will be my first horse of my own as an adult that i will be fully responsible for.

I am SO excited.

I'm going to see a paint mare tomorrow. She seems like a good fit for me. I'm taking my mom with me, she has a lot more experience, and she likes tbe sound of this horse. So if i like the horse, and my mom likes it, I'm probably going to put down a deposit and get a vetcheck done. If possible I want to bring my riding instructor to check her out as well before I fully commit to her.

I know she might not be the right horse. And that's okay. But I've got a good feeling about her.

Also this journey has sparked a spastic and over enthusiastic desire to RESEARCH ALL THE THINGS about horse care. I know how to take care of a horse. I've been doing it for 20 years. There is always more to learn, but i think I've learned what i can from books. I'm beyond the basics of feeding, mucking stalls, grooming, and even riding.

It's why I'm taking up riding lessons. I'm an out of practice intermediate rider and I'd like to get to a more advanced level. I won't be learning on my horse but i like the idea of taking what i learn in my lesson and applying it to my everyday riding.

I know I rambled, but I don't have many horse people in my life and I've been wanting to share my excitement with people who get it. Thanks for reading!



Submitted April 25, 2017 at 08:48PM by LaserDinoSquid
via reddit http://ift.tt/2pjNRKJ

No comments :

Post a Comment