Wednesday, April 5, 2017

#horses - #Barn owner doesn't respect me/overstepping boundaries...


Barn owner doesn't respect me/overstepping boundaries...

Probably more of a vent but yeah, advice would be nice too.

I've always lived on horse property so it's been a huge adjustment to use boarding stables. I'm also a tiny girl who keeps to herself, not like most of the loud opinionated horse people here. The barn before this, I had to basically 'fix' my 'demon horse' I purchased from them to get any respect.

I had to move him to another place where I'm currently the only boarder. I have allowed the owner to handle his worming and trims since its convenient to just add him to the list when the trail horse string gets done. The guy is genuinely nice. However, recently he's begun overstepping.

A few months ago, he called me at 7 am and asked if I wanted teeth looked at; half asleep I said ok to LOOKING AT, not work. Later he texts me that he had them floated and had his sheath cleaned and I owed him $150. I about blew a gasket.

The last farrier visit, the new guy did something/went way too short and my horse was in pain. I told BO this and that I would not be using his farrier again. 3 weeks after the trim, BO texts me at 1 am (?!?) to ask if I want his feet trimmed. I was pretty short with him and said no, I'm letting them grow a bit and I'll find a corrective farrier. He kept trying to convince me until I got rude.

I had agreed to allowing a chiropractor to check his hips a few weeks ago but she never showed and BO said nothing. This morning he texts me saying she came, worked on him a bunch, and wanted to trim him a little and he okayed it.

I'm pretty pissed about this. I made it very clear I didn't want anyone touching his feet, and IMO a chiropractor has no business trimming feet. Now I also have a bill I wasn't expecting.

BO means well but just doesn't seem to get it. I have tried to be polite about telling him to let me handle things, I have gotten short and rude and it still hasn't sunk in. Its about to the point of moving barns.

Anyone else dealt with similar?



Submitted April 05, 2017 at 01:12PM by Metal__Barbie
via reddit http://ift.tt/2nLeC71

No comments :

Post a Comment