Tuesday, April 18, 2017

#horses - #Advice on leg position


Advice on leg position

In the last month I've really hit a brick wall with my dressage training. I've started working with/leasing this awesome gelding who has a very wide barrel and his shape makes it very uncomfortable to keep my legs back and in line with my hips. In addition to that he tends to be on the lazy side, so I have a very hard time keeping my legs long while encouraging him to move forward. I've been working my ass off doing sturrip-less work, lunge lessons and yoga to try and fix this issue but I don't seem to be making any progress. And to make things more frustrating, he is the only horse I have this problem with! I can easily keep my legs in the correct position on every other horse I ride, but I can't seem to get it on my own horse. Ugh. If anyone has any advice for exercises to do on or off the horse, or has struggled with this issue, advice would be so appreciated! Thanks



Submitted April 19, 2017 at 12:18AM by Lemonlime5454
via reddit http://ift.tt/2o28V93

No comments :

Post a Comment