Thursday, March 2, 2017

#horses - #I think I missed thrush in a horse, help?


I think I missed thrush in a horse, help?

So I am not extrememly knowledgeable in this area, but I work with horses and my boss asked me today if I saw thrush in this one horse. I honestly hadn't been paying attention to his front hooves for thrush because he has pads on so you can't see the frog, but I looked back later at it after she mentioned and I noticed under the pad it looks like a crack is there, but I thought he always had one. I pressed hard on it and he did not react. I felt horrible because it was my responsibility to notice this. Is a crack in the frog always thrush? I thought he always had cracks. I didn't realize it meant thrush always. I would have been treating it otherwise.



Submitted March 02, 2017 at 10:00AM by confusedbae
via reddit http://ift.tt/2mKfmcs

No comments :

Post a Comment