Saturday, March 25, 2017

#horses - #Explain the difference in these bit actions for me, please.


Explain the difference in these bit actions for me, please.

Hi, guys! So I've had my mare about a year and together we do primarily trail riding and light western gaming (nothing more than a lope). She's 19ish. When I bought her from a horse trader, they had her in a Argentine snaffle type bit and since then I've been working to get her on something more gentle but that still has curb action. We tried a full cheek snaffle with my trainer for about 6 months and it seemed to not work out as well for her as a mild curb.

Currently she works in this, a Myler curb knockoff and seems to go well in, for the most part. How exactly does the Myler knock-off bit work differently than a Junior Cow Horse bit, like this? Is one of these two bits generally considered to be more gentle? I'm trying to decide if I should borrow my friend's Junior Cowhorse or just stick with what we have.



Submitted March 25, 2017 at 04:03PM by LoseHerSong
via reddit http://ift.tt/2niyr6v

No comments :

Post a Comment