Wednesday, March 22, 2017

#horses - #Comfortable, durable tall boots for everyday riding?


Comfortable, durable tall boots for everyday riding?

I have been riding in paddocks and half chaps and I'm done with it. I started riding in my Ariat field boots that I normally reserve for showing (and give me blisters), but I am sick of having to clean them and getting under the laces. They're just not looking quite as polished anymore.

I'm looking around for a boot <$300 to wear for everyday use that will not rub raw spots or fall apart in 6 months. I'm leaning towards the Ariat V Sport. They look comfortable and I like that they don't have laces but I can't try them on. There's also a good deal on Mountain Horse Venezia Field on a deals site, but no returns.

But here's the issue. My local Dover (only tack store still open) doesn't have anything in stock and keeps trying to up-sell me every step of the way. I went in with an original budget around $200, and tried on a few and she grabbed another pair that I kind of liked, but "Oops, these are over $300." Then she got talking about the Ariat Vortex and seemed to ignore my budget.



Submitted March 22, 2017 at 06:22PM by WinifredBarkle
via reddit http://ift.tt/2noY33x

No comments :

Post a Comment