Sunday, March 5, 2017

#horses - #Bucking On Lunge Line?


Bucking On Lunge Line?

I would like to start of by saying we have owned horses for almost 8 years, but we aren't experts in any shape or form.

Because this was a cold hard winter we didn't ride almost the entire 4 months. We bought a quarter horse about 9 months ago, he is eight. I rode him tons before the winter and he only bucked a few times because I had a scratchy saddle pad that was bothering his back. Earlier this winter I did get one ride in, we went trotting up a hill into a canter and he started to buck in the transition. Me, totally not expecting this, fell off. I got back on and worked with him some more. He was fine after that beside maybe a few head shakes.

Fast forward to about a month ago. I took him to and indoor sand arena and he reared and bucked at the transition for trot to canter, I was expecting it so I stayed on and kept him going forward. At the end of the hour he was fine. I decided to start lunging him before I ride to get his energy out, the first few times he'd buck at the transition again, but after that he was great! Yesterday I was out lunging him and he was pretty crazy, but I thought he just had a lot of energy. Today he was absolutely insane, every single transition he buck a lot and took off running as fast as he could. I let him go in our open lot hopping he could get the rest out and after a few clicks from me he went running around the pasture as fast as he could for about 3 minutes with no stops. Has this every happened to you? Was he mad at me? How do I stop him from bucking on the line?



Submitted March 05, 2017 at 08:52PM by greyandbabyblu
via reddit http://ift.tt/2mJWBJz

No comments :

Post a Comment