Thursday, February 9, 2017

#Years ago, I wrote lots and lots of stuff for a Civilization mod that didn't get completed. You might find it interesting, so let me present Rarity, ruler of the Regalia Sovereignty.


Years ago, I wrote lots and lots of stuff for a Civilization mod that didn't get completed. You might find it interesting, so let me present Rarity, ruler of the Regalia Sovereignty.

Doc's here: http://ift.tt/2lnls51

I did the creative writing while someone else did the mechanics and coding and told me what they needed written.

The unique unit was an archer unit that sacrificed ranged stopping power for additional melee stopping power and the ability to shoot over hills and stuff. Also, kills granted culture, I think. The unique buildings were things that could be built using like seven different luxury resources to provide lots of culture and/or tourism. It was pretty overpowered.

But yeah, while I received an in-progress build, it didn't really get done and I didn't quite write everything needed. But when I found the doc recently... man, I liked some of this stuff:

"Why, if it isn't my dearest friend! How goes your trials and tribulations in the world of political intrigue? I've just been making hats."

"Greetings! I have a surplus of fancy things, and was looking to see if you had a similar surplus of other, different fancy things. Let us trade, and the world will be all the fancier for it!"

"I should have known your experience would trump mine. You've been in a war with good taste ever since you adopted that outfit. ...Pah. Do what you will."

If it can't go in a mod, at least it can go here. Enjoy what's worth enjoying!



Submitted February 09, 2017 at 03:16AM by TheeLinker
via reddit http://ift.tt/2lu3ryM

No comments :

Post a Comment