Sunday, February 12, 2017

#Seeking advice on if I can get better


Seeking advice on if I can get better

I'm volunteering at a racing stable where I'm trying to improve my riding. Before I came here I thought I was alright but since I've been here I've found out my hands are legs are rubbish so I've been trying to work on those. Problem is the only horse that there is too ride is used to much better riders than me and we've been slowly falling out ever since. First he just threw his head around then he started trying to chuck me off and just now he's cantered off the last three times I've tried to get on. The second time was hard and onto concrete and has shook me up a bit. Heads still ringing a little. Lovely horse in the stable though and puts up with my very slow and awkward tacking up.

I agreed to stay for 2 months as I had that amount of time to fill. In every other regard things are going very well and I'm still learning alot but improving my riding was the main reason I'd come. So do you think I can improve on a horse that's much higher level than me? How do I get back the horses trust?

I'll be asking those questions of the owner later too.



Submitted February 12, 2017 at 06:45AM by BensBrotherJoe
via reddit http://ift.tt/2kktIOx

No comments :

Post a Comment