Wednesday, February 22, 2017

#horses - #How likely are you to buy a horse with loading problems?


How likely are you to buy a horse with loading problems?

My mare has had loading issues since I bought her, and well beforehand.

I've worked with every local trainer, every person at my barn, she's gone to 3 separate trainers for 30 days and her issues are no closer to being fixed. I've had to realize that I can't fix who she is, and what she's been through. We simply aren't a good match. It's taken me almost 5 years to realize this.

So I've decided, (again), to sell her. I'm sure I'll flip flop on this as I always do, but for now, that is my plan.

Her trailer loading is a huge issue. One day she walks right in, the next she'll fight to the death before she walks in. I don't know what causes the change. A lot of it is just "I don't want to". My overall impression is that Sol really doesn't enjoy being ridden, or being a trail horse, and therefore when the mood strikes, she just refuses to go riding.

How likely is this to deter you?

She's fantastic in group rides; when most horses act up and lose their minds, she remains calm and level headed. My best, best rides were group rides. This is the biggest strength and asset.



Submitted February 22, 2017 at 12:04PM by bearxfoo
via reddit http://ift.tt/2kN7ABf

No comments :

Post a Comment