Saturday, February 11, 2017

#Gosh, some horse sellers can be so pushy!


Gosh, some horse sellers can be so pushy!

So I've been out looking through adds and horse classifields for my perfect horse. I've had a few people come and approach me and I've also made some enquiries myself. This journey of finding my perfect friend is turning into a tiring experience that's leaving me more and more frustrated. Some sellers have been honest, however, others seem to be trying to take me for a ride (no pun intended).

  • First of all, they jack up the price atronomically and then offer a heavily discounted price once I say what they're asking for is out of my budget.

  • I've written up an add about what I am looking for in a horse, yet people still push horses on to me that are not good with a farrier (like needs sedating), not good with beginners etc. The catch phrase I am hearing a lot is "it can be worked on!" Even though my add lists specific qualities/requirements that suit me as a rider...

  • I am getting a lot of horses that have injuries but can be worked on, kind of offers

  • Lots and lots of people are happy to sell a horse to me sight unseen which is crazy! Of course I need to see the horse first...

Ugh, this journey is long and exhausting and I hope my perfect match is out there somewhere waiting for me...

Any tips on how to shut down pushy sellers? I don't want to be rude but I feel like I might have to be soon!



Submitted February 11, 2017 at 09:05PM by princessrhubarb
via reddit http://ift.tt/2l2nZ4b

No comments :

Post a Comment